Where Art and Science Meet
This fall, come explore what things are of made of in our new art and science drop-in discovery and play space for kids ages 3–11 and their families.
The 81st Street Studio will be open during Museum hours (closing at 5 pm on Friday and Saturday evenings), and is free to children and their caregivers—no Museum admission required.
Join us for the opening celebration on Saturday, September 9, 2023, with a festival of art making, science learning, music, storytelling, games, and more!
Sign up for our MetKids newsletter to get the latest news on family activities at the Museum.
Learn more about the works of art featured in the 81st Street Studio.
Plan your visit
- Please anticipate a short wait time to access the 81st Street Studio on weekends.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Be mindful of other visitors and share the space.
- If you experience light or noise sensitivities, talk to Met staff.
- Sorry, no eating or drinking in the 81st Street Studio.
- Limited stroller parking is available at your own risk.
- Still have questions? See our FAQ
Schools and community groups can book a visit to the 81st Street Studio on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays during the school year. Learn more about group visits.
Learn more about our programs for families, or contact 212-570-3961 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Interactive Musical Station was designed by Yamaha.
Renderings of 81st Street Studio, designed by KOKO + Design. Images courtesy of Brick Visual